Oakland County Mi-Buying a Fixer Upper
Due to the mortgage crisis that our country faced over the last several years, there are continually more and more foreclosure properties that are being put up for sale everywhere you turn. Oakland County Mi and Buying A Fixer Upper can be very tempting for Oakland County homebuyers as people can sometimes get properties for 30% or even less on the dollar.
However, if you are considering a foreclosure property or a fixer upper for your next purchase, then there are some common pitfalls that you will need to avoid along the way to protect yourself and your future asset. Let’s review some areas to be aware of before making any serious offers.
1. Avoid Making Emotional Offers: When you are planning on putting a bid down on a Oakland County property, you need to be extremely confident with the home’s current condition, its true market value, and what will be needed to fully restore the property.
Too many Oakland County buyers will think that they found a slamming deal and fear that they will lose the home to another bidder. So instead of taking the time to truly do their homework and complete the proper inspections and analysis, they can end up locking up a property for more than it’s actually worth.
2. Estimate Oakland County Neighborhood Values: Consider what other comparable properties are selling for and talk to a real estate agent who has a working knowledge of the area. In fact, it’s a wise decision to thoroughly review these questions and any other recommendations your Oakland County Realtor may make:
- Is this neighborhood a desirable location and how are crime rates?
- What schools would be available for my kids or future buyers in Oakland County?
- Were there any other foreclosures or investor sales that could negatively affect the future value of my home?
- How long do I plan on living there and how could that affect things?
- What type of appreciation should I expect in my Oakland County fixer upper?
3. Get Preapproved: Before you even start looking at homes, you must get preapproved on a mortgage in order to know exactly what you can afford. Sadly, many buyers can miss out on some phenomenal deals or spend hours of wasted time because they avoid this step. Show banks that you are a serious buyer and have your financing in place for your Oakland County home!
4. Get Professional Help: Not only should you seek the expertise and of an experienced Oakland County Realtor, but you may also need guidance from a real estate attorney or financial consultant as well. Each professional can ensure that you are making the right choices throughout the process and can protect you from any issues you may come across along the way.
Remember that there is a lot more than meets the eye when you are trying to buy a foreclosure or fixer upper property. Negotiating with the banks, filling out paperwork properly, and undergoing all the necessary inspections can be a very detailed and tedious procedure.
Therefore, we encourage you to give me a call today to get started. Myself having years of experience assisting other clients with buying foreclosures and fixer uppers in Oakland County Mi for their next home, I can help you as well.. Discover how I can help you to make a smart and profitable investment as well!
Please see my Video (below) to get advice on Buying an Oakland County Mi Fixer-Upper