OAKLAND COUNTY MICHIGAN HOMES FOR SALE
Explore Oakland County Michigan Homes for Sale! What appeals to homebuyers about Oakland County, Michigan is the sheer volume of available jobs, entertainment, housing, and great neighborhoods. Situated northwest of Detroit, Oakland County is the wealthiest county in Metro Detroit. Home to approximately 1.251 million people, Oakland County is the second-most populated county in Michigan. Buyers will find a wide range of Oakland County Michigan homes for sale to choose from in the county’s 62 cities, townships, and villages. Whether you’re in the market for low-maintenance condos/townhomes, single-family homes, lakefront homes, or gorgeous luxury estates, you're certain to find the home of your dreams in Oakland County.
There are several communities in the county with vibrant, historic downtowns such as Milford, Ferndale, Birmingham, Farmington, Royal Oak, and Rochester. These Main street downtowns and heritage corridors feature a variety of boutiques, retail stores, galleries, art exhibitions, farmer's markets, sidewalk cafes, international cuisine, fine dining, and much more. The most affluent cities are located primarily in the center of the county such as Birmingham, Beverly Hills, Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Township, Franklin, and West Bloomfield. These upscale communities include many exclusive luxury homes priced from one million on up.
Tom Gilliam is a top producing Oakland County MI REALTOR® with over 20 years of experience assisting home buyers. Tom’s knowledge and professionalism and his expertise in the local market will give you the assurance you need for making the best home purchase decision. To learn more about Oakland County MI real estate, feel free to call Tom directly at (248) 790-5594 or you can get in touch with him here!
Search the MLS below where you’ll find the most accurate and up-to-date listings for Oakland County Michigan homes for sale. Also, be sure to scroll down below to learn more about real estate in Oakland County MI and living in one of the wealthiest counties in metro Detroit:
Browse Oakland County Michigan homes for sale
Current Market Trends
The Oakland County market is hot right now. Oakland County MI home values have gone up 2.5% over the past year and real estate industry experts predict they will rise another 1.8% within the next year. The median price of Oakland County Michigan homes for sale currently listed is $312,250.
Why Homebuyers Should Consider Living in Oakland County, Michigan
Oakland County is among the ten highest-income counties in the U.S. The county's "Automation Alley" is one of the largest employment centers for engineering and related occupations in the country. General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler automotive companies are major employers within southeast Michigan and have a significant presence in Oakland County.
In addition, Oakland County is the proud home of Oakland University, a large public research university in Auburn Hills and Rochester Hills. The county has a multitude of great shopping options including three super-regional shopping malls: the upscale Somerset Collection mall, the Twelve Oaks Mall, and Auburn Hills Great Lake Crossing Outlets.
Known for having hundreds of lakes, Oakland County is home to large lakes, small lakes, private lakes, lakes with public access, lakes with state parks on them, lakes that only allow electric motors on them, and lakes that allow speed boats and jet skis on them. You’ll also find a wide range of Oakland County MI lakefront homes for sale from cozy lakefront cottages to spacious luxury waterfront homes.
Residents of Oakland County have many options for enjoying the outdoors including several state parks, state recreation areas, and regional and city parks to choose from. Many of the communities in the county provide hiking trails, skate parks, sports courts, and multi-use sports fields. During the winter months, you can have fun at the ski and snowboard resorts in the Oakland County, such as Alpine Valley in White Lake Township, Mt. Holly in Groveland Township, and Pine Knob in Clarkston.
Popular Oakland County Communities:
- Bloomfield Hills is one of the most affluent communities in Oakland County and the perfect choice for buyers who desire a high-end lifestyle. Located only 20 miles from downtown Detroit, Bloomfield Hills has numerous gated communities, larger homes, and top-rated schools. More than half the homes in Bloomington Hills are over $1 million.
- Auburn Hills is a prosperous community with abundant employment opportunities. Buyers will find a wide range of Oakland County Michigan homes for sale within upscale neighborhoods to historic homes to family-friendly neighborhoods near great schools. Auburn Hills is home to the Palace Arena (NBA's Detroit Pistons) and attracts couples, families, and retirees alike.
- Birmingham has many prestigious neighborhoods, gated communities, and top-rated schools. The popular downtown area is brimming with cafes, bistros, boutiques, shops, and more. The community boasts an average family income of over $100,000 per year and you’ll find many luxurious homes.
- Royal Oak - is popular among young professionals, with plenty of nightlife, entertainment, employment opportunity, and close proximity to Detroit. There's also plenty of opportunities to buy your first home or condo overlooking the Royal Oak downtown area.
- Franklin is an affluent suburban community in Oakland County filled with gorgeous luxury estates on large acreage. Franklin has a charming downtown area featuring high-end shops and restaurants. It's a great community for homebuyers who are seeking a luxurious lifestyle along with plenty of privacy.
The nearest major airport serving Oakland County MI real estate is Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport with international and domestic flights from Detroit, located about 37 miles from the center of Oakland County. Windsor International Airport, which has domestic flights from Windsor, Canada and is about 37 miles from Oakland County. Bishop International Airport, with domestic flights from Flint, Michigan is located about 48 miles from the county.
Partner with Top Oakland County REALTOR® - Tom Gilliam
Whether you’re interested in Oakland County Michigan homes for sale or its time to list your current property, Tom Gilliam provides the kind of knowledge, dedication, and personalized service you need and deserve. As a member of the National Association of REALTORS®, Tom adheres to a strict ‘Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.’ He possesses a strong work ethic and will do whatever is necessary to facilitate a smooth and successful transaction. Tom will take the time to listen to your needs and concerns and will always have your best interests in mind.
Partner with Tom and you’ll have an Oakland County real estate expert by your side who will protect your interests, advocate for you, and skillfully handle the details of your home purchase or sale for the best possible outcome. To find out more about buying or selling Oakland County MI real estate, please call Tom directly at (248) 790-5594 or send him an email today!
29630 Orchard Lake Rd.
Farmington Hills 48334
Email: [email protected]